Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


 When you have concerns about your child's classroom, placement or Individual Education Program (IEP), the first person you should talk to is your child's teacher. Problems are most easily resolved by the person who spends the most time with your child. If you are unable to resolve the issue with the teacher, you should next contact the guidance counselor or assistant principal. These two professionals may call on the school principal. It is very important that you talk to the principal before calling the District Office. The principal has the responsibility for the outcome of the student's education at that school. They need to know about issues of concern. In most situations, the principal has the authority, capability, and responsibility for resolving concerns.

If you are unable to resolve your issue at the school level, please contact the designated ESE Support Specialist Specialist for your school. The ESE Support Specialist is very knowledgeable regarding eligibility, placement and IEP concerns. They are there to help assure that your child is receiving appropriate services.

Should you be unable to resolve your problems through the teacher, principal or ESE support specialist, please contact the District Office. The Director of ESE Program Support, can assist you with program, curriculum or financial information. The Director of Administrative Support can help you with eligibility, placement or IEP concerns.